Now that Awards season is done and all the best movies have come and gone, here is my top 10.
10. End of Watch - I did not expect to enjoy this as much as I did also I need a Kendrick movie on the list.
9. Beasts of the Southern Wild - Unlike the last movie, I expected to love this but only liked it a lot. Still great performances all around and it made me cry…if it can make me cry it makes the list.
8. Damsels in Distress - When Whit Stillman takes 13 damn years to make a movie you bet your ass it’s gonna make the list even if it sucks…which this did not and I will be sure to watch several more times.
7. The Avengers - Just a fun popcorn flick that I enjoyed more than I thought I would, given the general mehness of the stand alone movies.
6.Dark Knight Rises - The superior comic book movie and a damn fitting end to the trilogy.
5. Moonrise Kingdom - Sweet and quirky and I loved every minute of it.
4. Cabin in the Woods - Best horror movie I have seen in many many years, fantastic concept and execution.
3.Django Unchained - Great violent bad ass revenge movie with outstanding performances all around, A lot of fun even if the language was a bit uncomfortable.
2. Argo - It is hard to create tension when the outcome is historical fact, You know they get out, but I was still on the edge of my seat and cheering when that plane left the runway.
1. Safety Not Guaranteed - A surprise at #1? It gets the top spot because I loved it for not only being sweet and funny with actual characters development and growth, but because it was the most original idea I have seen in a long time and it deserves all the love it can get. See this movie if you have not already.